Join Our Team
FMH provides several employment opportunities in the field including:
- P&C Claims Adjusters & Inspectors
- Crop Claims Adjusters
- Crop Claims Managers & Supervisors
- Sales & Account Managers
- Precision Technology Specialists
FMH is a great place to begin or continue a career in many areas of the insurance industry including:
- Corporate Services
- Customer Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Business Intelligence
- Training & Development
Because we are deploying a social distancing response plan as requested by our Governor, we have put in place a 30-day “hold” for our recruitment process. We will continue to evaluate the situation on an ongoing basis in hope that we can resume our regular process by the end of April. Thank you for your patience during this national emergency.
Want to work with us?
Come work for a company where you're treated like family and your coworkers become your friends. FMH is a company that cares about its employees and their families by offering competitive pay, comprehensive benefit plans, and incentives.
Health & Wellness
FMH's corporate office in West Des Moines, Iowa provides a newly remodeled and updated building with lots of natural light and collaborative workspaces along with an on-site fitness center and wellness room. The Wellness Committee provides a number of wellness programs throughout the year to promote a healthy life style, including Live Healthy Iowa, quarterly lunch-n-learns, National Recess Day, Iowa vs. Iowa State tailgate party and more.
Cafe & Dining
FMH provides subsidized breakfast, lunches and snacks in a modern and relaxing cafe with high-top tables, booths, and small and large group tables. Free coffee and soft drinks are also available throughout the building.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Defined Benefits/401k Plan with company match
- Group Term Life
- Group Long Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent day care
- Generous Time Off benefits and Sick Plan
- Volunteer Time Off - 1 day per year
- Eight paid holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Company Match for Charitable Donations
- Comfortable and casual work environment, including casual dress
- Company sponsored annual events including:
- Annual meeting activities for employees and guests
- Employee appreciation steak fry
- Company picnic at Adventureland for employees and their families
- I-Cubs tail-gate and game for Iowa agents, adjusters, employees, families, and friends
- Office holiday party
- Company sponsored out-of-office events such as fundraising and Community Service: National Recess Day, United Way Basket Raffles, JDRF cookie decorating, Life Serve blood drive, two months of giving, St. Baldricks' fundraising events and many more.
- Educational Assistance Program reimbursing payments for professional development, certification programs and courses at the undergraduate and graduate college levels
- Local and national corporate discounts including the Civic Center, Iowa Events Center, Adventurelend, wireless providers, and new/leased vehicles.
Discover FMH's Culture
Our company is rooted in the values of integrity, service, accountability, teamwork, and excellence. We demonstrate these values every day in how we interact with each other, our customers, our business partners, and our communities. We are committed to working together as One Company to deliver world class customer service, innovative insurance solutions, and easy-to-use systems. We couldn't do all that without dedicated employees that bring out the best in each other.
Looking to become an FMH
Crop Insurance Agent?
At FMH, we become your business partner, where your success is our success. We provide you with resources and staff committed to serving the needs of both your agency and your customers.