After more than a year of being closed to non-employees, FMH will reopen its offices for visitors, vendors, and guests on July 12 as more employees return to the workplace.
Debbie Ladehoff, FMH Senior Vice President – Human Resources, said, “We’re extremely grateful to and proud of all our employees who stepped up to the challenges presented during this past year. They’ve done an outstanding job of supporting our customers as the world was disrupted by COVID-19.”
Over the last year, FMH leadership worked to provide a safe work environment and continue positive customer service experiences by shifting office employees to work from home, suspending business travel, and cancelling company events. The companywide use of video conferencing apps like Zoom helped FMH Sales and Claims staff stay connected to agents and policyholders.
To help employees, agents, and visitors with this transition, see below for a summary of guidelines in place based on the most recent CDC guidelines. We look forward to welcoming back employees and fully reopening our offices in July.
Employees Visiting External Customers:
- Employees that interact with our external customers will continue to reach out in advance to find out if the policyholder or agent has any safety protocols in place like requiring visitors to be vaccinated or wear a mask.
- FMH employees will comply with the safety protocols in place in an agent’s office or policyholder’s property.
Story City and West Des Moines Office Visitors:
- Effective May 18, FMH implemented a “mask optional” policy in its offices.
- All office visitors will check in at an iPad kiosk in the front lobby.
- Visitors will be given a health status questionnaire and have their temperature checked.
- A visitor’s badge and Wi-Fi credentials will be issued at check-in.
Instructions will be provided to visitors and vendors as meetings are scheduled.
For unvaccinated people, the CDC recommends continuing the use of preventative measures like wearing a mask, staying six feet apart, and washing hands.
Shout Out to Our Essential Workers:
FMH Corporate Services and Tech Support workers kept the building maintained, printed and mailed documents, and addressed technology issues throughout the past 15 months. We extend a heartfelt THANK YOU for your service during these challenging times.