Farmers Mutual Hail has a long history of generously giving back to its community through fundraisers, volunteering, and monetary donations. In 2015, FMH contributed more than $250,000 in total to more than 50 different organizations.
FMH supports various organizations at a corporate level including:
- United Way supports communities through funding initiatives and programs for better education, health, and assistance for those that need it most. FMH and our employees have donated $337,000 corporately over the past 5 years.
- JDRF is the leading diabetes foundation funding T1D research. FMH has donated over $27,000 corporately in the past 5 years (not including the 2016 donation amount).
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation is a volunteer-powered charity committed to funding the most promising research to find cures for childhood cancers. FMH has given a corporate donation of $25,000 per year over the past 8 years for a total of $200,000.
- FFA Scholarships support students pursuing a secondary education in ag-related fields. FMH has been funding FFA scholarships for more than 20 years. With twenty $1,500 scholarships awarded this year, the 2016 total gift amount is $30,000.
- Iowa Public TV brings local programming to families across Iowa, including many agriculture documentaries. FMH has provided volunteers for the IPTV Fundraising Festival for 20 years, plus a contribution of $5,000 per year totalling $100,000 to-date.
In addition to our corporate campaigns, FMH supports and contributes to more than 50 other organizations at the request of our employees. FMH also provides a matching gift program to support the organizations that our employees individually support. FMH contributed a total of $18,152 to a wide variety of organizations to match donations made by our employees.
Here are just a few of the organizations supported in 2015:
- American Heart Association
- Ovarian Cancer Community Outreach
- The Iowa College Foundation
- Farm Safety 4 Kids
- Living History Farms
- American Cancer Society
- Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Food Bank of Iowa
- Meals from the Heartland