RECORDING YOUR HARVEST AND PRODUCTION DATA
As an FMH policyholder, you can use your harvest data collected with precision equipment to report production and to provide for claim settlement in the event of a loss.
IMPORTANT NEEDS FOR CROP INSURANCE
- Set up to record: many displays call this “Documentation.”
- Client, Farms, and Fields Names – Set up your combine harvester equipment with the data recorded from planting so the Client, Farms, and Field names are consistent.
- Indicate the crop you are harvesting.
- Calibrate your combine if you plan to use the ACR process for submitting your production information to your FMH crop insurance agency.
- You must keep a record of calibration activity and calibrate your yield monitor system according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Record your data: Make sure the display shows that data is being recorded. Sometimes indicated by a red dot or other indicator.
- Change setup between fields: Make sure to set up between fields so data will indicate the field and crop information.
Printed records from combine monitors must show:
- Location of field (field identification, PLSS, or FSN)
- Name of crop
- Date harvested
- Number of pounds or bushels of the crop
AUTOMATED CROP REPORTING: SENDING PRODUCTION DATA TO AGENT
Data is sent the same way after harvest as it is for planting (refer to p. 9). Once your agent receives your harvest layer data they can process it for production reporting and complete the combo report that shows both acreage and production. They will then attach the production data to the policy.
Notes about Harvest Maps
- Yield maps and acreage/production summary records generated from the system show separate production records were maintained by unit and/or practice.
- The electronically produced maps must be reviewed to identify harvested and un-harvested acreage. If the map indicates unharvested acreage, a visual inspection is required to determine if crop appraisals are needed.
- A coverage map of harvest showing each point in the field where harvest information was collected must display total wet pounds/ bushels and the average moisture for the field.
6785 Westown Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50266
© Copyright 2016 Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance. All Rights Reserved