How Does It Work?
RAMP® allows producers the opportunity to boost revenues at specific risk levels within their risk management plans. RAMP® supplements the insured’s MPCI coverage and is designed to help provide additional coverage when production and/or revenue losses are just over or under an insured’s MPCI guarantee.
RAMP® Yield (RY) is a plan that pays based on where the production to count (harvested bushels) falls within or below the selected coverage band.
RAMP® Revenue (RR) is a plan that pays based on where the harvest revenue falls within or below the selected coverage band.
RAMP® is available in select counties and select crops.
|Corn/Soybeans||AL, AR, CO, DE, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI,MN, MS, MO, NE, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD,TN, VA, WI, WV; ID (corn-only)|
|Fall Wheat||AL, CO, DE, GA, KS, KY, LA, MD, MS, NC, NE, PA,SC, SD, TN, VA, WV|
|Spring Wheat||MN, IA, ID, ND, SD, WI|
|Popcorn||IL, IN, NE, OH|
|Barley||CO, ID, MN, ND|
|Grain Sorghum||KS, NE, SD|
Please see policy provisions for specific counties in each state.
Price used to determine the harvest revenue must be
no less than 80% of the projected price.
What Are the Benefits?
- Select only the amount of protection your operation needs
- RAMP® unit structures can differ from your MPCI unit structures
- RAMP® coverage can begin before or at the same time as your MPCI Revenue Policy – you choose
- Choose a faster payout by selecting a smaller band of coverage
- Choose a slower payout by selecting a larger band of coverage
NEW! RAMP FORWARD PLUS
RAMP Forward Plus (RFP) is an endorsement to your RAMP policy that helps eliminate the worries of forward marketing grain before the crop is in the bin.
|Corn / Soybeans||CO, IA, IL, IN, KY, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH,|
SD, TN, WI
How Does It Work?
- If your production to count falls below your RAMP guarantee and the harvest price is higher than the MPCI projected price, RAMP Forward Plus will cover the bushels short of your RAMP Forward Plus guarantee based on the new higher fall prices.
- Covers corn (limit up to $1.00 /bushel) and soybeans (limit up to $3.00/bushel)
- Can be added to 5% and 10% RAMP band coverage
ADDING FORWARD PLUS
TO YOUR RAMP COVERAGE
Insured Sample Selections
|MPCI Coverage: 85% Revenue Protection||APH: 200 bu./acre|
|RAMP Coverage: 95-85%||Spring Price: $4.00/bu.|
|RAMP Coverage per acre: $80||Harvest Price: $5.00/bu.|
- Total RFP payment if fall production is less than 170 bu./acre, RAMP Forward Plus totals out at $100 an acre ($100 payment from RAMP and $20 payment from RFP).
- Partial RFP payment if fall production lands within the selected coverage band (between 170-190 bushels). For example, if fall production was 176 bu./acre, RAMP Forward Plus adds $1.00 to all bushels short of 190 bu. (14 bushels x $5.00/bu. = $70) for an indemnity payment of $70 per acre.
- No RFP payment if fall production is above
Why Choose Ramp?
Your MPCI Coverage is Falling Short
Use RAMP® Yield to raise the price of your insured MPCI bushels.
Use RAMP® Yield to cover the unprotected portion of your APH.
You Need More Revenue Coverage
Use RAMP® Revenue to add revenue coverage in the area you want or need it.
Build protection above your MPCI coverage level.
You're Concerned with Cost
Use RAMP® on an enterprise basis to add protection to all insurable acreage of the insured crop.
4 Easy Steps to RAMP® Coverage
1. Amount of Coverage
Decide how much coverage you need. Select coverage up to $150 per acre or a percentage of the MPCI price.
See state underwriting guide for more detail.
2. Policy Type
Choose RAMP® Yield (Bushel Loss protection only) or RAMP® Revenue (Bushel + Revenue Loss protection).
3. Band of Coverage
Select when your RAMP® band coverage begins and ends. This spread of coverage is a percentage of your MPCI APH or APH Revenue Guarantee (whichever applies).
Decide how fast you want to be paid. Select a higher percentage of your APH and a small bandwidth to protect the upper end of your APH, or select a lower percentage of your APH and a larger bandwidth to spread out your coverage and save money.
4. RAMP® Unit Structure
Choose between RAMP® Optional or RAMP® Enterprise. RAMP® unit structure does not need to match your MPCI policy units.
If you have an MPCI RP or YP policy, you can add:
- RAMP® Yield
- RAMP® Yield with Enterprise Units
- RAMP® Revenue
- RAMP® Revenue with Enterprise Units