When harvest approaches, crops are at a greater risk for fire damage. Grain Fire coverage from FMH can give you the extra protection you need on top of your Crop Hail policy to ensure your crops are protected through dry summer conditions.
Grain Fire is a policy that covers fire damage in standing grain and grain in transit until first place of storage. Grain Fire covers various crops depending on location. Please talk to your FMH agent to learn what crops may be eligible in your area. The Grain Fire policy is solely offered by FMH and is not reinsured by the FCIC. Coverage under this policy is non-continuous and must be purchased and approved by FMH each crop year.
How Does It Work?
- Covers loss from fire or damage from lightning strike before harvest begins or while the insured crop is in a harvester or other mobile equipment. (Coverage is in excess over other valid and collectible insurance, excluding the MPCI policy.)
- Covers a loss from a transit accident while the harvested insured crop is in a harvester or other mobile equipment. This may include damage caused by wind storm, collision, overturn and collapse of bridges, docks or culverts.
*Coverage may not be available for all crops or all states. Please see your FMH agent for more information.
What Are the Benefits?
- Coverage begins the day after the application is signed by you and your agent.?
- No deductible will apply to a loss caused by fire, lightning, transit accident, or fire department service charge.
- Provides more coverage for the peril of fire for small and coarse grains above the MPCI coverage.
- Cost effective option for producers who may not trigger a loss from the MPCI policy, this policy adds coverage on a per-acre basis