The Reinsurance Department of FMH traces its roots to 1915. We have been assuming risk from other companies on both a direct basis and through reinsurance intermediaries continuously ever since. Our assumed portfolio is mainly short tail and includes county mutuals, regional carriers throughout the United States, international business, crop, and certain specialty lines.The department also has responsibility for purchasing reinsurance for FMH and its subsidiaries. We are committed to providing excellent service along with financial strength and stability.
As one of the founding member companies of NAMIC and early member of IRU, FMH has a longhistory of industry involvement.We are actively involved in various industry organizations with several people serving as officers, directors or committee members, in addition to making presentations on a regular basis. The department staff is professional and service oriented, with continuing education receiving a high priority.
Benefits of Reinsuring with Farmers Mutual Hail
Financial Strength & Stability:
- Serving policyholders and paying claims continuously since 1893
- Rated “A” by A.M. Best and “Api” by Standard & Poor’s
- Conservative NWP to Surplus ratio
- Long history of profitability and conservative management
- Small to medium-sized regional property accounts
Spread of Risk:
- Direct reinsurer for county mutuals in five Midwestern states
- Global reinsurer in the broker market
- Crop reinsurer where not written on a primary basis
- Reinsurance programs tailored specifically to each company’s needs
- Rate studies
- Comprehensive financial and annual statement analysis
- Personal visits
- Educational meetings and seminars
- Catastrophe exposure analysis For the perfect balance of service and stability, look to the Reinsurance Department of Farmers Mutual Hail.